- The Chip Ahoy - Chip Ford's site has been a huge help to us because we could learn from his experiences (and mistakes). He also has a ton of great photos of his good looking Catalina the "Chip Ahoy."
- The Catalina 22 Experiment - This is another great owner site put together by Don (Zig) Adzigian. He has documented a ton of listings, projects, tool, and trick for us all to enjoy.
- Sail Harbor Marina & Boatyard - This is home, sweet home for the Buena Vista.
- National Geographic Sailing Simulator - This simulator lets you play around with trimming sails in different types of conditions.
- Thoughts, Tips, Techniques and Tactics for Singlehanded Sailing - This is an amazing FREE book that covers every aspect of singlehanding from rigging to the emotional stresses of the open sea.
- The Catalina 22 National Sailing Association - Another good place to find anything related to Catalina boats.
- 22 Problems for the First 500 Miles - Gives you an idea of what can go wrong when you're new to sailing.
- West Marine - If you read the blog then you know this is where all of my money goes.
- CatalinaSailboatOwners.com - The unofficial Catalina site.
- The Physics of Sailing - Clearly (or as clearly as possable) lines out how sailboats work.
- The U.S. Sailing Site - This is a good site for all things sailing and is as close to "Sailing for Dummies" as we could find online.
- The Se Therin - This is a beautiful owner site compiled by Rich Magner for his boat.
- Cruise Equipment Checklist - It seems simple, but there's a lot to forget.
- Catalina Direct - Love them or not, they always have the perfect parts (with or without instructions included).
Helpful Sailing Links (to us at least)
Here's a list of some of the sailing links that we have run across during our misadventures that keep coming in handy. I'll try to keep updating them, but if anyone has more suggestions I'm all ears.